Australian business using Australian fruit!
People always ask us “What else do you put in your Mango Licks?”
We tell them “Mango… Super Fruity Golden Good Mango”
Mango Licks were first created in the summer of 2005 as a healthy treat for the kids. All the kids in the neighborhood gave them the big thumbs up and we thought we would give selling Mango Licks a whirl. Like a Snowball Effect (or Mango Snowball) we quickly found ourselves taking our Mango Hut to the biggest music festivals , and food and wine events in Victoria, as well as delivering to more and more schools, sporting clubs and cafes. Each year our business grows with thanks to hard work and the fine support of our family and friends.
Here’s what we believe: we are passionate about providing healthy food choices for kids. The processed, refined, high fat, high sugar snacks that have been readily available in school canteens and on supermarket shelves has impacted heavily (pardon the pun!) on Australian children, with our obesity rate now at a scary 20-25 percent and still rising.
We also believe in being an all Australian owned and operated business using only Aussie fruit….because let’s face it we get enough STUFF from overseas. And our farmers rely on our support.
What’s Not In Mango Licks?
…evil sugar, goopy gelatin, yucky preservatives, fake flavours, and artificial colours. This is good news for people who don’t like or can’t have any of those scary additives near them.
Mango Licks are suitable for Coeliacs, Vegetarians, Lactose Intolerant, Vegans, Fruitarians, Pescatarians, Paleo, Clean eaters, ice cream intolerant, low cal, low carb, plant based eaters, 5 to 2ers and raw till 4.
As much as we would love to grow our own Mangoes and have a Mango tree in our backyard, being Victorian that is not going to happen. So we buy our Mangoes from beautiful Queensland where its sunny one day and perfect the next to grow luscious fruit. Mango Licks are tried and tested on human beings.
..here are some facts about MANGOES (Mangifera Indica) and how they can make you.. Younger, Taller, More Attractive, Smarter
- Mangoes are a Super-fruit… they have up to three times the RDI (recommended daily intake) of Vitamin A and Vitamin C. They are a rich source of Fibre and Potassium, and provide more Beta-Carotene than any other fruit.
- Vitamin C is like your body armour. It is an antioxidant that protects the body against free radicals which may cause heart disease or cancer (nobody likes a free radical). Vitamin C is responsible for producing collagen (not like in Pamela’s lips), a protein that gives structure to bones, cartilage, muscles and blood vessels. It also aids the absorption of iron, necessary for transporting oxygen from lungs to cells around the body. And yet another fact , Vitamin C helps your immune system. It helps you heal from scrapes and bruises (Awwh its’s so thoughtful!).
- Vitamin A …if you want to see in the dark and have glowing skin this is the vitamin for you. It’s main job is to take care of the health of your eyes, preventing night blindness.
- Fibre… I think we all get the picture with good old fibre… clockwork and regular that sort of business.
- Beta-Carotene… is all about the brightness of the colour of the fruit or vegetable (reds, yellows and orange). It is the molecule responsible for how bright a Mango is (the little beacons!).Therefore the brighter the fruit the richer the source of B.C. B.C has had a lot of attention as a potential anti-cancer and anti-ageing compound as it is a powerful antioxident, protecting cells of the body from damage caused by those crazy free radicals. It is also one of the Carotenoids believed to enhance the function of the immune and reproductive systems.
- Consumption of Aussie Mangoes is approx. 60,000 tonnes per year!
- Mangoes belong to the same family as the Pistachio and Cashew nut.
- Known as “King of the Fruits” Mangoes originated in South –East Asia.
- In India mangoes are considered to be a sacred fruit as it is thought that Buddha used to only meditate under a Mango Tree.
Ph: +61 408 324 908